Team signups are now closed.
Let's get some more use out of the war server and run a 6v6 Newbie Cup, scheduled for Saturday 16th February from 2pm CET till whenever. This is for people who are completely new to competitive TF2, but I will allow a couple experienced players into the mix as well. I'm throwing away some prizes too. Signups will close by the end of Saturday 9th February.
Current Signups (8/8)
Cup Information (Last Updated: 11/02/2013)
- Standard ETF2L 6v6 rules will be followed (including weapon unlocks, Season 14's map pool and class limits): http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rules/. Recording POV demos is not required
- Please ensure that you are familiar with the 'cookie cutter' setup of 6v6, which is usually 1 medic, 1 demoman, 2 scouts and 2 soldiers. Offclassing is of course allowed, but you will always want to have a medic!
- Admins welcome! (yes, even you Avenger)
- Up to 2 backup players per roster is permitted
- A maximum of 2 players per team can have prior competitive TF2 experience (both 6v6 and Highlander), one of which must play Medic and the other offclass. A maximum of 3 players per team which have no 6v6 experience but have played Highlander is permitted (provided you offclass). This includes new teams currently in their first season. If lobbies are your only previous experience then these rules do not apply.
- Teams will have 15 minutes from the scheduled match time to start playing. After this time has passed, it will be considered a no show and default loss
- Matches will be 1 map with the exception of the grand final, which will be played in a best of 3 scenario
- Non-BlackOut Gaming regulars are allowed, however you must provide the Steam IDs for your full roster in this thread
- A server will be provided by BlackOut Gaming to play matches on. It's a UK server but has great latency for Western Europe
- The BlackOut Steam group chat will be used to allow the team leaders to coordinate and for match scheduling
- If we have an odd number of teams, one will be picked at random to receive a bye to the next round
- Any teams found using a merc or unlisted player in any of the games will be dropped from the tournament
- BlackOut Gaming will not allow scammers to play in this cup. If it is discovered that one or more players on your roster are listed as known scammers on SteamRep, your team will forfeit.
- DO NOT sign up if you cannot play on Saturday 16th February!
The prize pool will be based on the number of signups:
- 2 Teams - €60 (€60 1st Place)
- 4 Teams - €120 (€90 1st Place, €30 runner-up)
- 8 Teams - €240 (€180 1st Place, €60 runner-up, consolation final for 6 x crate keys and 6 x copies of Dota 2)
8 teams max so we can get all games played in one afternoon/evening. If you win, having a PayPal account is not essential, but you will save me a lot of hassle paying you!
With SourceTV being present on the match server, I'm looking for someone with prior streaming experience to cast some or all of the games (there's €50 in it for you )
Additionally, some volunteers to cast as well if you would like to gain some experience (provided we are able to get the technicalities sorted out).
If you wish to enter a team into this cup, please post in this thread with the following information:
- Team Name
- Team Leader
- List of players, including Steam IDs and highlighting anyone who has prior competitive TF2 experience along with their primary classes.
If you have no mates and can't find other players, then you can be placed in a mix team along with other players (provided there's 5 others expressing interest). Post in this thread the following:
- Player Name
- Steam ID
- Which classes you play.
You will be placed in a team based on your prior TF2 experience to try and keep things as balanced as possible.
Signups will close by the end of Saturday 9th February.
- ETF2L's 6v6 Newcomer Guide
- SPUF guide on competitive TF2
- Mumble (VOIP client. Pretty much essential)
- Vanilla TF2 YouTube Channel (many, many useful VODs/POVs of matches)
- TF2 Official Wiki Competitive section (includes map and class specific advice)
There's a chance I've probably missed some crucial information, so this post may be updated in due time. If you have any questions then please let me know.
Also I'd appreciate if the admins could get the word out on this (sticky this thread, mention it on servers, news posts etc.)